BELIEVE

Believe in yourself! Have faith in your abilities! Without a humble but reasonable confidence in your own powers you cannot be successful or happy.
Norman Vincent Peale

About Me

I am a 28 year old single mom of a 9 month old boy. He is my world and my life. Before I was pregnant I was in a very physically and emotionally abusive relationship. My son gave me the strenght to leave that man to create a good life for my child. My life has now become a matter of protecting my child to make sure the pattern of abuse does not get imposed on him so he is a "benefit to society" not a "menace to society". I am in the midst of a court battle for visitation and child support and it is taking all that I have to stay strong for my son. His father harasses me every chance he gets and is trying to take control back of my life and I won't let that happen. Please note I am not a counselor or psychologist; I am simply sharing what I have learned through my personal experience and time through counseling and groups to recover from abuse.

NEED A GOOD LAWYER? FREE HELP IS HERE FOR YOU

NO CREDIT!! YOU CAN STILL HAVE A PREPAID VISA!!!

Sunday, November 22, 2009
So I wanted to make a post solely dedicated to the family law court sytem, in canada. I am currently still going through it, but as when I first started I had no clue what to expect:

First step: You go to court and file for custoy and other stipulations. they give you a court date.
second step: At this court date, nothing happens you simply set a date for a case conference.
third step: At the case conference you file your notes and the other party files theirs. here, a judge can not make a decision simply gives you his/her opinion. You are sent out to the hallway and your lawyers try to negotiate a temporary agreement. If it is met, it is for a certain time only. If it is not met, you will file a motion.
Fourth step: A temporary order was madea at the case conference and a few months later a settlement conference is scheduled. This is exactly the same as a case conference except the temporary order will be in place until trial. Or you can settle on a final order if the parties are in agreement.
fifth step: If no agreement is made, you will file a motion. Here is where evidence is submitted and the lawyers argue for you infront of a judge.Here, a judge WILL make a decision, temporary with a set period or until trial.
sixth stage: I am not this far yet so as I go, I will let you know!

I hope this helps answer your basic questions. I know when I started I was constantly searching for information and found very little in my search and was left learning as I went.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

HELP WITH ANXIETY

DO YOU KNOW YOUR CREDIT SCORE?

Followers