BELIEVE

Believe in yourself! Have faith in your abilities! Without a humble but reasonable confidence in your own powers you cannot be successful or happy.
Norman Vincent Peale

About Me

I am a 28 year old single mom of a 9 month old boy. He is my world and my life. Before I was pregnant I was in a very physically and emotionally abusive relationship. My son gave me the strenght to leave that man to create a good life for my child. My life has now become a matter of protecting my child to make sure the pattern of abuse does not get imposed on him so he is a "benefit to society" not a "menace to society". I am in the midst of a court battle for visitation and child support and it is taking all that I have to stay strong for my son. His father harasses me every chance he gets and is trying to take control back of my life and I won't let that happen. Please note I am not a counselor or psychologist; I am simply sharing what I have learned through my personal experience and time through counseling and groups to recover from abuse.

NEED A GOOD LAWYER? FREE HELP IS HERE FOR YOU

NO CREDIT!! YOU CAN STILL HAVE A PREPAID VISA!!!

Monday, November 16, 2009
It angers me to no end, to hear people make the comment "I never hit my partner, I'm not abusive!"....What on earth is this?????Abuse is sooooo much more than being beat up. Any act of violence against someone in attempt to control and intimidate is ABUSE!!!! If you throw a coffee table at me, punch the wall during an argument, whip a glass at me, put me down and call me names, blame all your problems on me, and take away my dignity and self-confidence - YOU HAVE PHYSICALLY AND EMOTIONALLY ABUSED ME!!! Not only men take these actions, but women as well. Society needs to be educated as to what abuse entails. Abusers need control at all times and victims just give in to appease their abuser. There are sooooo many people in this world being abused it sickens me.

I just got back from a group I am in for greiving and abused women. There are women out there who have been abused for 40 years and are now just realizing what they have endured and the effects it has had on their lives. Nobody has the right to treat others this way, and nobody deserves to be treated this way. I hope that I can help get the message and change societies misconception of what abuse really is. Our court systems almost promote it!! If there is no hospital records or police charges - well then, the abuse didn't happen!! PLEASE!!!! Police officers, judges, lawyers, social workers, Children's aid and all professionals in social service should be fully educated on what abuse is, the signs of abuse and the character of an abuser. Children, women and men everywhere need to be protected and shielded from this behaviour. ESPECIALLY children and teenagers! We need to stand up and become educated on the profound and long term effects of physical and emotional abuse!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

HELP WITH ANXIETY

DO YOU KNOW YOUR CREDIT SCORE?

Followers