BELIEVE

Believe in yourself! Have faith in your abilities! Without a humble but reasonable confidence in your own powers you cannot be successful or happy.
Norman Vincent Peale

About Me

I am a 28 year old single mom of a 9 month old boy. He is my world and my life. Before I was pregnant I was in a very physically and emotionally abusive relationship. My son gave me the strenght to leave that man to create a good life for my child. My life has now become a matter of protecting my child to make sure the pattern of abuse does not get imposed on him so he is a "benefit to society" not a "menace to society". I am in the midst of a court battle for visitation and child support and it is taking all that I have to stay strong for my son. His father harasses me every chance he gets and is trying to take control back of my life and I won't let that happen. Please note I am not a counselor or psychologist; I am simply sharing what I have learned through my personal experience and time through counseling and groups to recover from abuse.

NEED A GOOD LAWYER? FREE HELP IS HERE FOR YOU

NO CREDIT!! YOU CAN STILL HAVE A PREPAID VISA!!!

Monday, November 16, 2009
So I am a 28 year old single mom who had leave an abusive relationship when I was three months pregnant. Spending 2.5 years in an abusive relationship, and now 1 year fighting with my narcissistic abuser in court has been draining emotionally and financially. I don't understand why we as women feel embarassed and ashamed! We don't want to talk about it, and don't want anyone to know what we have gone through. This notion, has to change. People - especially women - need to be educated on WHAT abuse is!!! We need not be ashamed of the abuse we endeared, instead learn from it and become stronger women in the future. We need to stand together and be proud to be strong independent women, mothers, daughters etc.

I want to share my story and I want to hear others stories. It is not fair to us, to have to hide in a corner and keep all of our emotions, fears and feelings hidden in fear that no one will beleive us, or in embarassment to admit what has happened to us. We are the victims and deserve to have a voice and be heard! These men, are the ones who should be embarassed and ashamed and should be shunned for their behaviour. Not us!!!!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I never talked about the abuse. My abuser would monitor me closely to find out if I was ever saying anything about him to anyone and he made it clear that I was never to talk about his problems to anyone.

I kept it from my family, who I was not allowed to be around much anyway, and I kept it from anyone I was friends with. When it all came out one of the big things was that my abuser's family said I was making it up and lying because they never knew anything until the point when I spoke up. It was hard to deal with that, but I realized that no matter what I had done it would have never justified my leaving the abusive marriage to them. To my abuser's family, who are devote mormons, it is wrong, no matter what, to leave a marrige.Also, my abuser's family has been in as much denial about the abuse as my abuser always was, and still is. To them they just refuse to acknowledge any abuse ever happened.

Post a Comment

HELP WITH ANXIETY

DO YOU KNOW YOUR CREDIT SCORE?

Followers