BELIEVE

Believe in yourself! Have faith in your abilities! Without a humble but reasonable confidence in your own powers you cannot be successful or happy.
Norman Vincent Peale

About Me

I am a 28 year old single mom of a 9 month old boy. He is my world and my life. Before I was pregnant I was in a very physically and emotionally abusive relationship. My son gave me the strenght to leave that man to create a good life for my child. My life has now become a matter of protecting my child to make sure the pattern of abuse does not get imposed on him so he is a "benefit to society" not a "menace to society". I am in the midst of a court battle for visitation and child support and it is taking all that I have to stay strong for my son. His father harasses me every chance he gets and is trying to take control back of my life and I won't let that happen. Please note I am not a counselor or psychologist; I am simply sharing what I have learned through my personal experience and time through counseling and groups to recover from abuse.

NEED A GOOD LAWYER? FREE HELP IS HERE FOR YOU

NO CREDIT!! YOU CAN STILL HAVE A PREPAID VISA!!!

Tuesday, January 5, 2010
So I wanted to bring some disturbing statistics to everyone's attention. Society has this misbelief that abuse is rare, however, I have found some statistics that show how common it really is.

7% of women in this world are abused at some point in their lives. This is 420 000 000 women who have or will be abused

Women are 10 times more likely to fear for their lives than men and on average experience 10 violent episodes.

11% of female victims are stalked by their ex partners

Between 40-45% of murdered women, are murdered by their partner

Between 1-2 women (in the Uk only for this Stat) per week are murdered by their partner

I find these statistics disturbing and that they really demonstrate the need of awareness and the misconception society has about abuse. It's out there, whether the victims know they are being abused or not. We should not be embarassed, and should stand together to try and raise awareness and education on what abuse is and the effects of abuse on women.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

HELP WITH ANXIETY

DO YOU KNOW YOUR CREDIT SCORE?

Followers