BELIEVE

Believe in yourself! Have faith in your abilities! Without a humble but reasonable confidence in your own powers you cannot be successful or happy.
Norman Vincent Peale

About Me

I am a 28 year old single mom of a 9 month old boy. He is my world and my life. Before I was pregnant I was in a very physically and emotionally abusive relationship. My son gave me the strenght to leave that man to create a good life for my child. My life has now become a matter of protecting my child to make sure the pattern of abuse does not get imposed on him so he is a "benefit to society" not a "menace to society". I am in the midst of a court battle for visitation and child support and it is taking all that I have to stay strong for my son. His father harasses me every chance he gets and is trying to take control back of my life and I won't let that happen. Please note I am not a counselor or psychologist; I am simply sharing what I have learned through my personal experience and time through counseling and groups to recover from abuse.

NEED A GOOD LAWYER? FREE HELP IS HERE FOR YOU

NO CREDIT!! YOU CAN STILL HAVE A PREPAID VISA!!!

Friday, January 8, 2010
So through my research I have begun to find a huge link between men who suffer from Narcissistic Personality Disorder (NPD) and abusive men. Here is the link that I have found and my theory for why those who suffer with this disorder are high candidates to be abusers:

Narcissistic Personality Disorder Those with this disorder have a high need for admiration, prestige and power. They lack empathy and are obsessed with personal adequacy. They are self centered, desire power and want to be constantly praised - and will go to any lengths to be praised.

Abusers: They lack empathy, they crave power and control, they are selfish as they care only about themselves and their feelings - not the people in their life.

Now that I have broken down and defined each - it is real easy to see the link and why those who have NPD have a high rate of being abusive.

Pay attention to the signs of both and if you are in a new relationship and see the "red flags' save yourself to avoid further abuse.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

HELP WITH ANXIETY

DO YOU KNOW YOUR CREDIT SCORE?

Followers