BELIEVE

Believe in yourself! Have faith in your abilities! Without a humble but reasonable confidence in your own powers you cannot be successful or happy.
Norman Vincent Peale

About Me

I am a 28 year old single mom of a 9 month old boy. He is my world and my life. Before I was pregnant I was in a very physically and emotionally abusive relationship. My son gave me the strenght to leave that man to create a good life for my child. My life has now become a matter of protecting my child to make sure the pattern of abuse does not get imposed on him so he is a "benefit to society" not a "menace to society". I am in the midst of a court battle for visitation and child support and it is taking all that I have to stay strong for my son. His father harasses me every chance he gets and is trying to take control back of my life and I won't let that happen. Please note I am not a counselor or psychologist; I am simply sharing what I have learned through my personal experience and time through counseling and groups to recover from abuse.

NEED A GOOD LAWYER? FREE HELP IS HERE FOR YOU

NO CREDIT!! YOU CAN STILL HAVE A PREPAID VISA!!!

Friday, January 29, 2010
so time for another section of this wheel:

ISOLATION:

*Abusive men will try to control you not only in your own home, but also outside. They will determine where you go, who you see and can be friend with even what you read. For the abuser, the less people you are in contact with the better. It is easier for them to control and abuse you; if you have no one else in your life to turn to.

*Abusers will also use jealousy to justify their actions to you. This is really manipulative as they think you will like that they are jealous "because they love you" and place the blame of their controlling nature and abusive ways on jealousy: Again, blaming you are your actions for their problems.

Please don't fall for these techniques. If you notice either of these occuring in your relationship: really evaluate it, and determine if it is abusive or just "unhealthy".....

0 comments:

Post a Comment

HELP WITH ANXIETY

DO YOU KNOW YOUR CREDIT SCORE?

Followers